Lexington-Fayette Sewer System Program Management
Hazen and Sawyer serves as LFUCG’s sanitary sewer system Program Manager, assisting the utility with all Consent Decree mandated initiatives. Using a comprehensive online project controls system, we plan, schedule, and oversee the implementation of over 150 CMOM related programs and tasks.
Project Outcomes and Benefits
- Development of Remedial Measures to eliminate 82 recurring sanitary sewer overflows, in accordance with the Consent Decree. Proposed improvements are estimated to cost more than $500 million over a 12-year period.
- Developing and studying alternate sites for proposed wet weather storage facilities.
- Performing conceptual designs of the most complex wet weather storage projects and developing the related scopes of work for separate design consultants.
- Developing cash flow models and funding applications for proposed capital projects.
- Developing design standards for wet weather storage and standard specifications.
- Procuring photogrammetry for all proposed capital projects, and geotechnical and environmental services for the wet weather storage sites.
- Preparing quarterly and annual reports for submission to EPA.
Jon Schubarth serves as Operations Manager for Hazen’s offices in Lexington and Louisville.