Nanofiltration System for Groundwater Color Removal in Signal Hill, CA
As part of a Design-Build team, Hazen designed and provided construction support services for a new 1.7 mgd (expandable to 2.6 mgd) nanofiltration system for groundwater color removal. Treatment objectives include removal of color without significant reduction of TDS. To minimize waste discharges, the facility is designed to achieve a recovery of 98%.
Project Outcomes and Benefits
- Design and construction of two parallel nanofiltration trains
- Utilization of a unique hybrid membrane configuration
- Treatment processes including cartridge filter pretreatment and chemical feed systems
- Complex control strategy to operate the hybrid membranes
- Demonstration of color removal while maintaining 98% recovery