Program Management for Islamorada Wastewater System Improvements
Project Outcomes and Benefits
- Responsible for development and implementation of overall 5-year program schedule, including design and construction activities for all collection and transmission facilities within the 17-mile long service area.
- Developed estimated program costs, working directly with Village Finance Director; reported financials to USACE for grant funding, corresponded with USDA for Rural Development funding, and provided monthly reports (written and oral) to the Village staff and Council.
- Implemented an equipment procurement contract between the Village and the vacuum sewer manufacturer for the purpose of purchasing owner-furnished equipment for the program.
- Developed a Program Work Plan and a Design Standards Manual to serve as a guidance document for the completion of individual projects.
- Phased construction approach was used to minimize construction impacts on surrounding neighborhoods and commercial businesses.