Miami-Dade Wastewater High Level Disinfection Project
Client: Miami-Dade Water and Sewer Department
Location: Miami-Dade County, FL
Hazen and Sawyer was retained by Miami-Dade County to provide fast-track planning, design, and construction administration for a 285-mgd high level disinfection (HLD) facility. The motivating force behind this project was a landmark Consent Decree, stipulating that the facility must be completed within five years and also meet FDEP HLD reuse standards, as well as primary drinking water standards.
Project Outcomes and Benefits
- Upgraded the South District Wastewater Secondary Treatment Plant to a 285-mgd HLD facility, creating the largest wastewater facility in the State of Florida that treats to stringent reclaimed water standards.
- Implemented an intensive project management program to meet the aggressive project schedule, ensuring that goals were achieved quickly and completely.
- Closely coordinated with the FDEP.
- Completed a comprehensive pilot program.
- Coordinated 15 construction contracts.
- Developed an innovative filter system under-drain approach for reduced excavation, dewatering and formwork.
- Worked closely with facility owner and delivered program ahead of schedule and under budget.
- Awarded the 2013 Florida Grand Conceptor Award from FICE.
For more information on this project, or to discuss a similar project in your area, contact Trish Carney at firstname.lastname@example.org