Water/Wastewater Program Manager - MD
Silver Spring, MD Office
Baltimore, MD Office
• Provide overall leadership in development and/or implementation of large-scale water/wastewater infrastructure capital programs
• Development and implementation of effective policies and procedures for planning, design management, and construction management to meet program objectives
• Manage projects and program financials including all aspects of budgets, costs, and contingencies; provide program-level financial progress reports including actual expenditures and forecasts.
• Manage multiple, concurrent projects through the entire life cycle, from project development through construction completion to meet program objectives
• Prepare and monitor scopes, schedules and budgets as necessary for all projects and programs
• Identify and allocate appropriate resources, including technical and managerial, for execution of programs and individual capital projects within the program
• Identify and implement effective systems and/or software for program success, including program management information systems, document management systems, relevant water/wastewater modeling tools, etc.
• Assist clients in policy development and strategic planning related for prioritization of capital projects within a program
• Assist in regulatory relations, including negotiations, conducting and leading meetings, and routine reporting
• Develop and manage internal and external relationships to facilitate the successful delivery of the programs
• Provide leadership and implementation of risk management procedures
• Prepare and present routine program progress status reports and presentations to multiple internal and external stakeholders
• Provide mentorship of program team staff to support the growth of individuals and team in support of successful delivery of the program
• Lead various program tasks as needed, such as value engineering reviews, integrated planning, program cost reviews
• Monitor Program Health and Safety aspects, and recommend changes as necessary
• Monitor Quality Assurance procedures and recommend changes as necessary
• Resolve complex construction related issues, disputes, and disagreements.
• Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or other related fields
• 20+ years of relevant water/wastewater facility or utility system planning, program and project/construction management experience
• Progressive management and leadership experience, with preference given to related to Program Management contracts pertaining to large-scale water or wastewater capital programs.
• Knowledge and experience with program systems and software, including document management, scheduling, and SharePoint systems
• Proven ability and accomplishments in leading large-scale water/wastewater programs and/or large projects – ability to communicate program successes and challenges in an articulate manner
• Professional Engineer, PE registration, with preference given to PMP and/or CCM
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
In This Section
“I came to Hazen and Sawyer to apply my engineering skills to improve water and wastewater treatment processes to benefit our environment, and I have stayed for over twenty years. Each project offers something new and different to evaluate or improve.”