Water/Wastewater Operations Manager
Location: Silver Spring, MD Office
• Provide overall leadership in business development and management of Silver Spring operations, including oversight of all projects and personnel
• Develop business relationships and strategies, proposals and presentations to position for assignments and effectively grow market share for the firm
• Manage operations financials including all aspects of budgets, costs, and workload management; provide operations-level financial progress reports including actual P/L, estimate to complete, etc.
• Manage multiple, concurrent projects through the entire life cycle, from project development through construction completion to meet client objectives
• Prepare and monitor scopes, schedules and budgets as necessary for all projects and clients
• Identify, hire and manage appropriate resources, including technical and managerial, for execution of engineering assignments
• Assist clients in policy development and strategic planning related for prioritization of capital projects
• Develop and manage internal and external relationships to facilitate the successful delivery of all assignments
• Provide leadership and implementation of risk management procedures
• Provide mentorship of local staff to support the growth of individuals and team in support of successful delivery of assignments of the firm
• Monitor Quality Assurance procedures and activities and ensure compliance
• Resolve complex construction related issues, disputes, and disagreements.
• Master’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or other related fields
• 20+ years of relevant water/wastewater facility, conveyance and utility system planning, program and project/construction management experience
• Progressive management and leadership experience, with preference given to large-scale water and wastewater capital programs.
• Proven ability and accomplishments in leading large-scale water/wastewater projects – ability to communicate program successes and challenges in an articulate manner
• Proven ability to work in a collaborative team environment
• Professional Engineer, PE registration, with preference given to PMP
• Excellent oral and written communication skills