Water Resources Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC Office
Seeking a motivated mid to senior level professional with stormwater system analysis and design experience to join our Charlotte stormwater group. This position will involve working with multi-disciplinary teams for a variety of existing and new clients. The successful candidate will use technical abilities to plan and carry out projects in a dynamic team setting, including supporting and advising staff in related discipline groups. The position requires familiarity with AutoCAD, GIS, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, and related software to evaluate and design stormwater, stream, and water quality improvement projects. Some local and regional travel to meet with clients and complete fieldwork is part of the position.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering or a related engineering field is required.
• Requires registration as a licensed Professional Engineer or ability to obtain registration within six months of hire.
• Candidates should have expertise in stormwater, natural stream, and water quality analysis and design.
• A background in project management including conceptual/feasibility evaluations, preparation of design reports, development of construction drawings and specifications, bidding assistance, and support of office and field-related construction services is desirable.
• Position requires excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, including being capable of interfacing effectively with clients, staff and regulatory agencies.