Graphic Designer - Infographics - NYC
Location: New York, NY Office - Corporate Headquarters
Hazen and Sawyer is looking for a graphic designer adept at producing purposeful informational and conceptual graphics to join its marketing and design team in its New York City office.
We’re looking for a collaborator who likes to work in an agile, fast-paced environment as part of a team creating charts, diagrams, icons, illustrations, maps, 3D models, and other detailed informational graphics for use in print and online. Experience designing instructional graphics or page layouts and designs is a plus.
We’re looking for someone with:
• Demonstrated understanding of graphic-design elements and techniques.
• Familiarity with color theory, visual-perception tenets and typography.
• Ability to process visual ideas in sketches, thumbnails and storyboards.
• Ability to identify visual content taken from written narratives.
• Work that demonstrates a high-degree of creativity and craftsmanship.
• Willingness to work within constraints, individually and as part of a team.
Who can also show they have:
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
• Demonstrated ability to create vector art from a variety of source materials.
• Knowledge of or experience with SketchUp Pro.
• Understanding of how to apply templates, grids and other organizational tools.
• Ability to design content with layered hierarchies.
• Ability to work under deadline pressure.
And a background that includes:
• Degree in graphic design, or closely associated studies, from an accredited college or university.
• At least 3-years work experience or demonstrated abilities to match such experience.