Concrete Cylinder Pipe Condition Assessment: Miami
Client: Miami Dade Water and Sewer Department
Location: Miami, FL
Following the rupture of a 54” water main, Hazen and Sawyer supported Miami Dade Water and Sewer with visual and electromagnetic inspection of the affected main, along with planning for the prioritization and assessment of prestressed concrete cylinder pipe (PCCP) throughout the county.
Project Outcomes and Benefits
- Conducted a visual and sounding inspection of the pipeline interior.
- Studied alternatives for the condition assessment of other PCCP pipe throughout the system.
- Developed a PCCP pipe inventory of the Department’s water system.
- Estimated failure rates for the next 5, 10 and 100 year periods to assess risk.
- Helped the county develop a long term assessment and replacement program that includes 15 miles of prioritized inspection per year.
For more information on this project, or to discuss a similar project in your area, contact Ethan Heijn at email@example.com