Enhancing Asset Management using Custom Tools and Software Applications
- Vivek Sai PE - Hazen and Sawyer
- Steve Pickens - Jefferson County
The goal of the Jefferson County Asset Management Program is to develop a set of tools and procedures using the latest technologies to empower and enable Jefferson County to better manage the sanitary sewer collection system through an effective Asset Management Program. This Asset Management Program allows Jefferson County to prioritize preventative and corrective measures related to the sanitary sewer collection system in order to get the best “bang for their bucks”. The program provides a method for the county to better deal with current and future compliance issues related to the sanitary sewer collection system established by Federal and State regulators.
The asset management program has implemented various software and tools, from both in-house and 3rd party providers, to aid County personnel in:
1. Selecting Assets using map enabled interface and creating Work Orders for them in the field on various mobile devices including tablets and phones.
2. Developing custom toolbars and tools in computerized maintenance management software (CMMS) and mapping software for selecting multiple assets, creating work orders for them and assigning the work orders to maintenance crews either individually or in bulk.
3. Creating custom work order templates for Acoustic Inspections and the recording of Sanitary Sewer Overflow volume.
4. Using decision support tools such as metrics application program interface (API) and integration of work performed by subcontractors into the Asset Management Program database.
5. Developing web based interface for viewing record drawings and CCTV Inspections as well as various other related records, images and data such as deeds and agreements.
6. Data integration and reporting framework to track and monitor key performance indicators using Microsoft Power BI.
7. Supporting a Capacity Assurance Program for aiding in acceptance of new sewer projects.
For more information, please contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hear about new publications with our email newsletter
Horizons showcases significant water, wastewater, reuse, and stormwater projects and innovations that help our clients to achieve their goals, and can help you achieve yours. Articles are written by top engineers and process group leaders, demonstrating and explaining the beneficial application of a variety of technologies and tools.