Water/Wastewater Program Manager - MD
Location: Baltimore, MD Office
• Provide overall leadership in development and/or implementation of large-scale water/wastewater infrastructure capital programs
• Development and implementation of effective policies and procedures for planning, design management, and construction management to meet program objectives
• Manage projects and program financials including all aspects of budgets, costs, and contingencies; provide program-level financial progress reports including actual expenditures and forecasts.
• Manage multiple, concurrent projects through the entire life cycle, from project development through construction completion to meet program objectives
• Prepare and monitor scopes, schedules and budgets as necessary for all projects and programs
• Identify and allocate appropriate resources, including technical and managerial, for execution of programs and individual capital projects within the program
• Identify and implement effective systems and/or software for program success, including program management information systems, document management systems, relevant water/wastewater modeling tools, etc.
• Assist clients in policy development and strategic planning related for prioritization of capital projects within a program
• Assist in regulatory relations, including negotiations, conducting and leading meetings, and routine reporting
• Develop and manage internal and external relationships to facilitate the successful delivery of the programs
• Provide leadership and implementation of risk management procedures
• Prepare and present routine program progress status reports and presentations to multiple internal and external stakeholders
• Provide mentorship of program team staff to support the growth of individuals and team in support of successful delivery of the program
• Lead various program tasks as needed, such as value engineering reviews, integrated planning, program cost reviews
• Monitor Program Health and Safety aspects, and recommend changes as necessary
• Monitor Quality Assurance procedures and recommend changes as necessary
• Resolve complex construction related issues, disputes, and disagreements.
• Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or other related fields
• 20+ years of relevant water/wastewater facility or utility system planning, program and project/construction management experience
• Progressive management and leadership experience, with preference given to related to Program Management contracts pertaining to large-scale water or wastewater capital programs.
• Knowledge and experience with program systems and software, including document management, scheduling, and SharePoint systems
• Proven ability and accomplishments in leading large-scale water/wastewater programs and/or large projects – ability to communicate program successes and challenges in an articulate manner
• Professional Engineer, PE registration, with preference given to PMP and/or CCM
• Excellent oral and written communication skills