Senior Process Mechanical CAD Designer - VA
Location: Fairfax, VA Office
Seeking a Senior Process Mechanical CAD Designer to work alongside staff Engineers in the design and production of contract documents for various water and wastewater projects.
Position responsibilities will include:
• Prepare plan, section and detail drawings for various process and chemical systems
• Coordinate with the other disciplines (structural, architectural, HVAC, electrical, I&C, site civil) and provide solutions to conflicts.
• Ensure drawing compliance with company and client CAD standards and styles
• Create, manage and supervise the production of contract drawing submittals
Required Skills and Experience:
• 10 years of design experience with water and/or wastewater projects required
• Completion of Engineering Technology Associate’s degree or 4-year degree preferred
• Completion of technical school CAD design certificate will be considered
• Excellent 2D AutoCAD MEP skills required, REVIT experience required
• Ability to create layouts from process and instrument diagrams with minimal oversight, including preliminary structural and architectural layouts to enclose and protect process.
• Strong knowledge of chemical and process piping materials and support standards required, basic knowledge of support disciplines required.
• Self-starter who pays attention to detail with experience collaborating across disciplines
In This Section
“I came to Hazen and Sawyer to apply my engineering skills to improve water and wastewater treatment processes to benefit our environment, and I have stayed for over twenty years. Each project offers something new and different to evaluate or improve.”