HVAC/Plumbing Engineer - Midwest
Hazen and Sawyer is seeking an HVAC Engineer located within one of the following Hazen offices: (1) Cincinnati, OH, (2) Nashville, TN, or (3) Louisville, KY. The applicant has the option to work in any of these three locations. The job will involve some travel, primarily between Ohio, Kentucky, and Tennessee.
Position requires a minimum of three (3) years of experience in HVAC system design and/or construction with additional experience beneficial. Candidate will work within Hazen and Sawyer’s HVAC/Plumbing Group. The candidate can expect to work closely with more experienced HVAC Engineers to perform HVAC and Plumbing designs. The work will focus on municipal water and wastewater projects including planning, preliminary and final designs, and providing engineering services for projects in construction. It is preferable to have experience in the HVAC systems related to water and wastewater facilities, although relevant experience in municipal, industrial or commercial buildings and facilities is acceptable. The candidate should enjoy working within a team environment, and be seeking to develop HVAC and Plumbing design skills.
Education and Experience requirements:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- A minimum of (3) years of experience performing heating, ventilating, cooling, and plumbing design for municipal, commercial or industrial facilities.
- Experience with Revit and other CAD skills is preferred.
- Relevant areas of experience includes:
- Application of various types of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and hydronic piping systems
- Heating and cooling load calculations
- Pressure drop calculations for water and ventilation systems
- HVAC controls systems and building/facility management systems
- ASME B31.1 Power Piping or ASME B3.9 Building Services Piping designs
- International Mechanical Code, Plumbing Code and Fire Code
- Performance of detailed HVAC and hydraulic pressure drop calculations
- Performance of Plumbing pipe sizing and fixture count analysis
- SMANCA Duct Construction Standards
- NFPA 820 HVAC designs
- Hot water boiler and chilled water system design
Benefits: comprehensive benefits package
Must be Authorized to work in the US
In This Section
“Working within this company, I hear the more experienced staff reference the "Hazen way," and it's taken me a few years to understand what that really means. It's a "we" attitude: we get the work done, we do it right, and we maintain the best standards in the industry.”