HVAC Engineer - Raleigh
Location: Raleigh, NC Office - Regional Headquarters
Hazen and Sawyer is seeking an HVAC Engineer located within our Raleigh, NC office. Position requires a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in HVAC and plumbing system design. Candidate will work with Hazen and Sawyer’s Firm-wide HVAC Group leader and other HVAC Engineers to preform HVAC and Plumbing designs. The position will encompass all areas of a project including planning, preliminary and final designs, and providing engineering services for projects in construction. It is preferable to have experience in the HVAC systems related to water and wastewater facilities, although relevant experience in municipal and industrial facilities is acceptable. The candidate should enjoy working within a team environment, and be seeking to develop HVAC design skills across a full range of projects.
Education and Experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- A PE license is required.
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience performing heating, ventilating, cooling, and plumbing design for municipal, or industrial facilities.
- Experience with Revit and other CAD skills is preferred.
- Experience in plumbing systems design.
- Relevant areas of experience include:
- Application of various types of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and hydronic piping systems
- HVAC controls systems and building/facility management systems
- ASME B31.1 Power Piping or ASME B3.9 Building Services Piping designs
- International Mechanical Code and Plumbing Code
- Performance of detailed HVAC and hydraulic pressure drop calculations
- SMANCA Duct Construction Standards
- Performing heat and cooling load calculations using software
- NFPA 820 HVAC designs
- Hot water boiler and chilled water system design